Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Alice In Wonderland Infant

LETTERS FROM CAPRI Mario Soldati

That the re-readings, compared to the first reading, are more interesting, deeper, I think I have written many times, I add that too often there are surprises, especially when they come to fix a different recollection of that book.

It 's the case of this beautiful novel by Mario Soldati, who in 1954 won him the Premio Strega. I remembered it differently, a simple fact of horns, discovery, through the discovery of some letters, the betrayal of a wife. Maybe I was too young at first reading my novel is projected on the banality of existence.

First, the shape. The author, who writes in first person, is himself an accomplished film director. But the story does not concern him, but an American friend, who shall submit a story, its history, as the subject of film.

The two-story narrative and characters alternate disvelano themselves through the astonishment and attraction in front of the Mediterranean mentality, towards a way of living a natural, almost pagan.

not tell, of course the story, which I leave to the joyful discovery of who will find this novel,
that, after inflation of the years of post-neorealist guerrra, was the beginning of a return to the novel invention, structure of well-structured and paced.

0 comments:

Post a Comment