Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ways To Learn Mrs Vandertramp

Day midweek evening


Last Wednesday I was in Rome and, unwisely, I was not aware that it was the day of the long Italian Cup derby between Roma and Lazio. I was therefore driven to work by car and return in the afternoon, I found myself in the middle of the huge traffic jams that blocked part of the city because of this event (this time ...).
It must be said that the derby and other games (midweek or not) there are always, as well as demonstrations or strikes by public transport, and we can consider that the city can withstand the impact simply because the hands universal clock does not stop, and then, after a lapse of time or less time depending on the circumstances, at some point we return to some normality (waiting to start the next day).
There is also to say that, for some 'time now, the Administration and the Police, for security reasons, have decided to close roads to traffic around the stadium, boosting the nth degree the problems arising from the concentration of a huge quantity of cars diverted to mandatory directions, and then super-crowded. And despite this, the fans continue to stab the same, just as was also Wednesday night, or to be the ability to hurl cobblestones against the opposing team's coach, just as also happened Wednesday night .... But I'm not going to talk politics on this blog. Although, to want a closer look, it speaks instead of Politics, one with a capital P, that the etymological sense of the word ....

Wednesday evening, after searching in vain for ways to escape from the frenzy to reach their destination (But I had to reach an area relatively close to the stage) I was embroiled in a part of the mega-traffic jam that has characterized many of the Tiber and adjacent streets and directions, even away from the river several kilometers.
In recent years, my dislike for the queues by car has increased exponentially because I perceive as the most obvious representation of the folly inherent in our current way of life - all of them closed and stressed in these cans to make noise and pollution, most of the Sometimes, a few miles at speeds less than the "pace" - and because I'm tired of losing precious time that I have in this life that way.
One of the thoughts that cross the my mind when I find myself in such situations is to leave the car there in the middle and get away on foot.
This time I did (and I was too loyal).

After going through most of the city and have spent the last twenty minutes to advance only one hundred meters, did not see a quick end to the dramatic situation and being relatively close to the goal with a shot that the occupants of the car will close have noticed so much has been sudden, I was able to move when I scored a hole that had presentificato between the cars parked along the sidewalk. I turned off the machine, I took my things and went down when I left to walk without treat me that much that I should come back, sooner or later and certainly by the next morning, to return the car.
Immediately, regained the sensation of a real freedom has pervaded my whole body and the external collective delirium was as if there were more.
Whistling (yes, I found myself humming a few steps), between the horn and screams inextricable tangle of cars, easily passed between trunks and zig-zagando hot pots, I easily reached on foot in twenty minutes more my goal, while also attending to some of the worst manifestations of human beings (or assumed) in the queue.
After dinner, a game still in progress, I walked back on foot to go through to recover the car in reverse again and the same part of town, now almost empty and quiet as if nothing had happened until an hour before. Walking
I thought about what was experienced "leg" and in particular to that feeling of lightness and detachment, which meant that I could not even think of taking a picture the miles of cars waiting and now I would have been useful as evidence event to be attached to this post with the intent to leave a small trace of reality, since we are so brave and stubborn men to set aside in no time and start again as if nothing had happened.

[Budget of the decision: I reached my destinanzione much faster than if I had stayed in the car, I got more calm and without too much stress, I also avoid stressing the motor and the friction of the machine allows a longer life also leaving, I helped to streamline, to slightly but significantly, traffic, reducing the mass of working, I have consumed less gasoline consumed more calories and contributing to the descent of the GDP, but increasing my well-being (and that of others) have helped reduce pollution, even though personally, I breathed directly for a few more minutes of smog, but it was worth it, I have a few minutes with somewhere to anticipate the withdrawal of our troops and those of Western countries from Iraq, Afghanistan and other areas where you fight for oil (I like to think I saved any human life), I did what I wanted to do and expressing myself or helped to ' universe to self-realization and, last but not least, perhaps it was an example to follow for someone else.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment